The 10 Best Budget Shopping Places in Hong Kong Hong Kong Travel Guides / September 08, 2016
To many Asian ladies, a mention of Hong Kong fashion makes their eyes twinkle. For centuries, Hong Kong has been a fashion icon. The city lives up to its reputation even now.
On offer are the latest designs of local and international brands. The variety is huge. The fashion malls are countless. And most importantly, prices are varied.
Budget-conscious travelers can find good deals at street markets, wholesale malls and factory outlets. Anything that Hong Kong is famous for, such as fashion clothes, accessories and antiques, is covered at these wallet-friendly shopping places.
Don’t forget to give your wardrobe a face-lift by adding in a few new items from renowned Hong Kong brands like Bossini, G2000, Giordano, Baleno and Bess.
Continue reading our list of top 10 budget shopping places in Hong Kong to know where to hunt for something cool. If you have only a minute to read, then scan through the Highlights below to get the overview picture quickly.
See also: 10 Hong Kong Souvenirs That Ooze Culture, Color and Flavor
See also: 10 Nightclubs in Hong Kong with Best Dance Floors and DJs
1. Temple Street Night Market
Image credit: paulwongkwan
- Hong Kong’s largest and liveliest night market for a fun night out: No doubt, it is a good place to shop. If you are not out for buying anything, you can have a fun browsing there and get excited with the buzzing vibe, entertaining street performances, and tasty street food.
- A place to shop low price souvenirs: Many kinds of products can be bought home as a gift such as handicrafts, tea sets, jade articles, antiques, trinkets, T-shirts and embroidered Chinese jackets. Most of the selling souvenirs are at same designs and quality, your mission is hunting for the vendors offering the best bargains.
5. Golden Computer Arcade and Golden Computer Center
Image credit: Alexander Synaptic/Flickr
- A tech mecca to get build-to-order computers at low-cost prices: Anything that makes up a dream computer can be customized to users’ needs – main board, RAM, graphic card, sound card, hard disk, monitor and so on. Whether you want a computer to do graphic design or to play game, this mecca has got you covered.
- Best place to purchase games in Hong Kong: Most of the shops on the first floor of this so-called computer building is dedicated to selling all things game. Latest games are always in the spotlight here. The show also celebrates game machines and accessories. If you can’t get a discount on your purchases, then ask for extra accessories to be thrown in.
6. Apliu Street Flea Market
Image credit: Wing1990hk/Flickr
- A flea market that men will like: Imagine a market just for gadgets of all kinds, even something we can’t give it a category. Steal the show are electrical and electronic devices. Savvy local shoppers visit this place to find second-hand bargains on game devices, mobile phones, tablets, cameras and photography equipment. Prices can start as cheap as a few dollars.
10. Hong kong Industrial Centre
Image credit: chopsticks7/Flickr
- Hong Kong wholesale mall: Some compares this mall to Platinum Fashion Mall in Bangkok. What these two wholesale malls share in common is the maze of small shops brimming with fashion clothes and accessories. Hong Kong Industrial Centre is an ideal place for fashionistas to look for high quality clothing.
- Saturday is time for retail bargains: If you plan your trip to this fashion building, make sure that you reserve a Saturday for it. It is when many wholesale stores open their doors widely to retail customers. Your mission is to hunt for price-reduced items. It is the only way to get good quality stuff at lower cost at the centre.