The 10 Best Budget Shopping Places in Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur Travel Guides / September 27, 2016
Image credit: madrugadaverde
Shopping is one of the top activities of visitors in Kuala Lumpur. This vibrant city offers a wide range of shopping choices from modern malls and specialty shops to lively street markets.
Among those, it is the budget shopping places that draw the crowd. Cheap doesn’t mean that the experience is less enjoyable. Malls like Berjaya Times Square and Sungei Wang Plaza incorporate excellent entertainment facilities to reward their customers. Central Market drenches people in art spirit. And Taman Connaught Night Market celebrates street shopping in Malaysian style.
There are more and more surprises waiting for you at other wallet-friendly malls and markets across Kuala Lumpur. Use our list to discover them.
2. Flea market at Amcorp Mall
Image credit: pishal pauzi/Flickr
- A place for pre-loved items of many kinds: Most items sold at the Amcorp Mall flea market are second-hand goods. There are also pre-owned but unused items on sale. Things can be found there include clothing, shoes, bags, accessories, records, CDs, movie posters, comics, books, antiques, artworks, retro figurines, coins, stamps and many others.
- Treasure finds at low prices: We can never guess what kind of treasures might come into view at our visit. Nice surprises can pop up at any of its 300 tables. Old Beatles records, old coins, vintage cameras and rare-to-find antiques are a few examples. So, go ahead and try your luck!
5. Kenanga Wholesale City
Image credit: CEphoto, Uwe Aranas
- A wholesale mall with 800 shops in the heart of Kuala Lumpur: It is a large mall with fashion stores spreading over 8 trading storeys. The best buys there must be ladies’ clothes, accessories, shoes and handbags. Fashion fans should explore it if you have a weekend in Kuala Lumpur – yes, Saturday and Sunday are when many stores welcome retail customers.
- A friendly shopping place for Muslim shoppers: There are over 70 shops dedicated to Muslimah wear. Most of them are located on level 3A and 5, offering fashion stuff in both traditional and trendy styles. Halal restaurants are also available at the 5th floor for you to enjoy something tasty after shopping.
7. Taman Connaught Night Market
Image credit: dream dancer/Flickr
- 2 kilometres of shopping: True to its image as the longest night market in Malaysia, the Taman Connaught Night Market is 2 kilometres long, packed with retail stalls and food outlets. Take in the sights and sounds of night market as you browse through the long line of clothes, bags, shoes, accessories, and souvenirs.
- Street food extravaganza: Aside from shopping, the Taman Connaught Night Market is also famous for a wide array of food choices. From local delights to Taiwanese, Thai, Korean, and Japanese dishes. Try out some of the bestsellers, including stinky tofu, okonomiyaki, cheesecakes, barbecue, and fresh oysters.
8. The Factory Outlet Store
Image credit: F.O.S
- Brand shopping for less: Are you looking for good bargains on branded apparel? If so, the Factory Outlet Store is your best choice. Their stores carry brands like Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, Abercrombie and Fitch, and GAP. Give it a visit and find deals that fit you and your budget!
- Three major branches conveniently located at KL’s major malls: F.O.S. stores dot all over Kuala Lumpur, you cannot go very far without coming across one branch. But if you want your every shopping need satisfied in one go, head to Berjaya Times Square, Sungei Wang Plaza, and Mid Valley Megamall. They are the 3 famous yet inexpensive shopping malls that host large-sized F.O.S. stores.