Club Octagon Seoul Travel Guides / May 29, 2017
Image credit: Club Octagon
30,000 KRW ($27)
Thursday to Saturday 22:00 to 06:00
B1/B2 New Hilltop Hotel, 152 Nonhyeon-dong, Kangnam-gu, Seoul
5 Best Dance Clubs in Gangnam to Party like a Celebrity
Definitely one of the best and most renowned clubs in South Korea, Octagon is ranked in the top 12 clubs in the world and for good reason too. Octagon is a hotspot for celebrities and some of the world’s most exclusive DJs alike with 60 VIP tables along with 10 VIP rooms and a total capacity of up to 3,000 people inside. There is even a small swimming pool inside for a change of scenery.
- A Great Clubbing Experience with Live Entertainment and Unique Architecture: The theme of music in the club is predominantly electronic and features probably the highest quality custom built music system in the country coupled with huge LED screens that DJs can use to personalize the music experience. The whole of the club follows an octagon architectural theme with everything inside shaped with 45, 90 and 135 degree angles. The club comes to life on Fridays and Saturdays with an amazing crowd entertained by Korean dancers and performers.
- Different Levels with Choice of Hip-Hop and House Music: The club features various rooms all with their own themes and music, you could enter one room and enjoy EDM beats and pop into the other room to find hip hop music blaring on the dance floor so there are plenty of choices to suit your tastes. A glass elevator in the middle of the club shall give you access to all of the club’s levels and rooms.
- The best International DJs under one Roof: The club owes its reputation to the world-class DJs who spin some of the best deep house, tech and electro tunes to keep the energy levels up all night. Some of the A-list DJs that have performed in the club include Laidback Luke, Paul Van Dyk, Deniz Koyu, Fedde Le Grand, Vivid, Jochen Miller and Dash Berlin along with a host of home-grown talent.
- 5-Star Food and Drinks Menu: The food and drinks here are a bit on the pricier side but you surely get your money’s worth with tasty snacks and dishes prepared by some of the most talented chefs in the city. The drinks menu starts at 3,000 Won for a draft beer whereas a pitcher costs 15,000 Won. The fancy cocktails and drinks are much pricier and a glass of vodka can cost about 14,000 Won.
- Private Tables and VIP Rooms: This unique club, with hip underground vibes, offers its clubbers a world class nightlife experience with private rooms and VIP tables located on all three floors of the premises – no wonder it’s the go-to party place for the high heeled folks and renowned Korean celebrities. The VIP rooms cost around 1,000,000 Won whereas VIP tables come much cheaper at 500,000 Won.
Ladies put on your little black dress and throw on a pair of high heels for a night of uninhibited fun and pampering at Club Octagon where almost every night is a ladies’ night with popular female DJs, special gifts and promotions along with free complimentary drink on the house.
The admission fee is 30,000 KRW which includes a complimentary drink. You can also use club coupons to get discounts whereby the entry fee drops to 10,000 KRW. It’s important to note here that the club does not have an exclusive guests list.
Wear slippers, short pants or jogging suits and you are definitely NOT going to get inside. Anything else will do just fine.
HOW TO GET THERE
Commuting by subway train? Exit at Harkdong Station (Line 7, Exit 4). From there its only a short 5 minute walk straight until you see the new Hilltop Hotel. The club is in the basement.