10 Best Shopping Places in Bangkok for Cheap Clothes and more Bangkok Travel Guides / August 15, 2016
Image credit: tapanuth
Things to buy in Bangkok are countless in variety and endless in quantity. It is possible for any of us to get an item that captures our hearts as Bangkok is a sophisticated businessman. The city offers many wallet-friendly shopping hubs with character for us to find our right place.
Cheap shopping in Bangkok could be experienced in both shopping malls and markets. Each of these places surprises shoppers with the amazingly large number of stores, ranging from 500 to 8000.
Golden rule to get the best buys in Bangkok is bargain hard. This rule can definitely be used at any markets. It also works at malls like Pan Tip Plaza and Platinum Fashion Mall where wholesale is the focus.
In this article, you will find Bangkok’s 10 best budget shopping places, complete with reasons that make them stand out from others.
2. Chatuchak Weekend Market
Image credit: tykhyi
- One of the largest markets in the world: Its land size is huge, covering an area of 35 acres. The number of stall is vast with 8000 stalls. The place brims over products of all kinds as a result. While Chatuchak covers everything you can ever imagine, unique sections worth checking out are rare to find antiques, ceramics, home furniture, and souvenirs.
- Best place to buy Thai handicrafts in Bangkok: Get some beautiful handicrafts while touring Chatuchak market if you plan to bring home something truly Thai. The product range is huge; the quality is high; the prices are competitive among shops. These are simply the reasons.
- A street food paradise: Local and traveler food enthusiasts would agree that Chatuchak market is one of the best places to enjoy street food in Bangkok. You can find all delicious favorites from its 500 food stalls. Fried chicken, crispy pancakes, fish cake and Thai coconut ice cream are just heavenly.
3. Talad Rot Fai Srinakarin Night Market
Image credit: Jen Nguyen
- A shopping paradise for fans of vintage stuff: If you are into things in vintage style, then you will find your place at the Warehouse Zone and Rod’s Antiques areas. Products are impressive in variety and quantity. And shoppers can get more inspiration for their love from many fellow vintage stuff lovers and hunters there.
- Genuine vintage and antique items available: Collectors can rest assure that items showcased at Rod’s Antiques section like French chandeliers, classic cars, motorbikes, cameras and kitsch furniture are all real things. Some comes from Thailand while others made their long way from all over the world (American, Europe, China and Myanmar) to shine their beauty at the market.
- Dazzling dining options for a satisfying night out: Street food stalls, bars and restaurants fill up the market like trees. People of all age groups come here to shop, marvel at uniquely stunning things and enjoy tasty food and drink. Street food like satay, crispy pancakes and coconut ice cream from food stalls and cocktails or beers from bars and restaurant will perfectly complete your night out here.
6. MBK Center (Ma Boon Khrong Center)
- A place to find great deals on mobile phones: There is a huge selection of new and used mobile phones and accessories on offer. Head to level 4 to select from plenty of privately owned shops.
- Affordable fashion clothes of Thai brands and designs: Just like any other shopping malls in Thailand, MBK is a place to shop for fashion items. Shop here if you are after Thai brands and designs. Don’t miss out on the discounted stuff offering at an open space section on the ground floor.
- Quality imitations of big fashion brands: Your $25-$50 budget can get you to buy a Chanel-alike handbag! Yes, a counterfeit product but of good quality. Get similar things here if you don’t mind their origin.
8. Victory Monument Market
- Lots of shopping places at one area: Victory Monument is a good choice for budget shopping in Bangkok because it offers shoppers many shopping options – in malls, in street market and in small stores along road alleys. Century the Movie Plaza, Victory Point and Ratchathewi Soi 3 to 9 are places to find the best bargains in this shopping area.
- Boat noodles in Victory Monument is a must try: Don’t miss out on one of the best dishes Thailand has to offer while shopping in this area. There is a boat noodles alley along the canal with many different stalls selling the dish. They all serve this delicious eat in small sized bowls at the price of around 10 bath.